Hello all! Just got back from my trip tonight and wanted to put something up real quick. I know the title of this post is a bit ominous, but I have good news. I was in and out for the three weeks that I was on my trip, and I realized that I REALLY missed captioning! Whenever I had time on the internet I tried to post something for you because I wanted to blog and do caps so badly! So basically, I will be making caps much more frequently in the future! Yay!
After that positive note, I wanted to use this post to deal with a few more things. The 2 year anniversary of the blog has passed, and by the end of the month we are projected to get out 1 millionth view of the blog! I'm incredibly excited, and wanted to do something special as a result. So here is what I'm proposing. I want you all to tell me what kind of caps and stories on this blog that you really like. Like captions or stories you think define my kind of captioning/storytelling, the kind that you read and say to yourself, "Yep, that's an Elena Starz cap!" I'm going to propose a few topics myself that I think epitomize me (and explain why), but if there are others you like, let me know! I want EVERYONE, at a minimum 10 people, ideally 25 or some crazy number of commenters, to post their preferences in response to this post, or in an email to me (love to get emails from you all! Love it!). The result of the most popular theme will be a week of caps based exclusively in tribute to that theme! So without further ado, here is my proposed "Elena Theme's"!
1. Bimbos: Probably my favorite theme to write for you all, because the valley girl, airheaded talking style is so fun to make, and the images generally are really sexy too! Let me know if you like!
2. Hypnosis: My favorite method of transformation by far, because it can be so versatile and so believable, if you do it right! Tell me if this is your favorite!
3. Prom/Pageant: These caps tickle my fancy because they are memories of mine that are quite fresh due to my age, and the sexy hair and beautiful gowns/outfits are so much fun to pick out! If you want to crown this theme as the best in show, let me know!
4. Drag Queen: Not necessarily my most common theme in terms of numbers on my blog, but I've gotten a few emails asking for more of these caps, which is fine by me - I love the reality of this theme and its personal too, because drag queens were actually the reason I got into captioning (long story...). If you want more of the big and glamorous, tell me!
5. Salon/Hair: Ohhhh, how I love these caps! Big, beautiful (and especially blond) hair is the number one thing to get my juices flowing. If you enjoy reading about these transformations, let me know in a response, and add your favorite hair color! (I realize I sometimes overdo the blonde motif, so if you want some brunettes, redheads, or really love the blondes I caption, tell me!)
I will take any other themes you suggest into consideration (a great place to look for themes is on the labels on the right hand side of the blog...emo/scene, sluts, strippers, magic...all great ideas too).
I realize this post is going on for a while, but I wanted to also put out the possibility of more stories and telling you about where I am in all of them. I would love to continue one storyline as a reward for 1 million hits on the blog, so I'm going to let you vote on those too! Here are the stories that are unfinished/I've been thinking about, with details that may influence your vote (like how long they take to make and how long until the series is completed...because it may take me a while to finish some, if that affects you opinion at all). And same with the caps, post what storyline you want continued in a comment or an email to me. Here are the options!:
1. S.H.E.M.A.L.E Starz: A lot of people have asked me if I finished, and I definitely have not. I've done three and plan on having seven at the end of the series (one for each of the Starz), so it might take a bit to finish, especially considering that it takes me a while to write each individual story. The benefit, besides the story plot, of course, is that each story is standalone, meaning I can post them one at a time and still give you enjoyment. Tell me if this is the one you want continued!
2. Hypnotic Wishes: I got REALLY close to finishing this one this summer, but ended up doing How You Dress It Up instead. I've done 5 of the seven I was planning on (one more hypnotism and the last one is The Pageant). They take a decent amount of time to make, but I would finish it soon. Let me know if you want to finish the last two in the series!
3. How You Dress It Up: A Matter of Perspective: The newest story, but also the longest...I've been posting it in small chunks, and will continue to do that if you all vote to prioritize the continuation of it. However, I plan on going through a full school year of events - homecoming, winter break/winter formal, Valentine's Day (maybe, TBD...), prom, and an epilogue of sorts which explain the long term results (as in, years into the future) of the crossdressing campaign at St. Elmo's. Let me know if you want to stick out this long term project and keep it going in the near future!
4. Mother's Know Best: I only did the first in this series, and I will continue it if it gets the most votes, but I really don't think its good enough to beat out any of the first three options. That said, I was planning on 2 or 3 more stories that are the longest individual posts of all the stories I've mentioned...so it would really take a while (especially because I lost some of the images I was going to use :'( ). I would personal dissuade you, but in the interests of democracy or in case you all surprise me and pick this as your favorite, I'm listing it as an option. Let me know...
Phew! Long post, but all done now. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE vote on your caption theme you want to see for a week-long celebration of that theme at the end of the month, as well as a storyline to continue in early October. I want this to work with lots of voices as a celebration of the work on this blog, so help me make this dream come true and comment or email me at ElenaStarz4372@gmail.com. PLEASE!!!!