Saturday, July 27, 2019

I Could...


This is a cap from my archive - see this post for more detail. This one was an interesting cap from a few years back when I was on Tumblr more regularly prior to the Great Tumblr Purge of 2018. Tumblr became a breeding ground for quick caps/pics with minimal text overlay that I had mixed feelings about; on the one hand, the simplistic sexual imagery and brief text "story" got the job done and left room for your mind to fill in the fantasy as you pleased, but I also felt that it was a source of laziness that missed the artistic soul I value in TG captions. It was also somewhat frustrating when I was struggling with writer's block trying to come up with a good story to see these basic blurbs slapped together, sent out at a rate of a dozen a day, and get tons of reblogs and follows with little to no effort. I suppose I could have joined the bandwagon, but instead I opted to produce this little commentary piece on what those quick caps were lacking. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment